About The Society
The Accounting Society is a student organization sponsored by the Department of Accounting, Finance, and Information Systems.
- To foster a feeling of unity, mutual interest and good fellowship among members.
- To provide a forum for the discussion of topics related to accounting.
- To make use of available resources which provide opportunities for social and educational growth of members.
- To acquaint members with their future duties and obligations as professional accountants.
- To develop and establish in the minds of members a personal feeling of high ethical standards.
- Frequent guest speakers from the accounting profession
- Participate in Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) to EKU's international students (Spring semester)
- Field trip to public accounting firm or organization in industry Annual picnic (Fall semester)
- Annual banquet (Spring semester)
- Participate in Department of Accounting's Annual Meeting of the Minds Conference
Guiding documents are the "Constitution and By-Laws of the Accounting Society of Eastern Kentucky University".